By AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION NEWS The number of people diagnosed with heart failure is increasing and projected to rise by 46 percent by 2030, resulting in more than 8 million people with heart failure, according to the American Heart Association’s 2017 Heart Disease and Stroke Statistics Update published Wednesday. There are […]
The post Heart failure projected to increase dramatically, according to new statistics appeared first on News on Heart.org.
This week’s Soup Special of the Day is a Potato, Chorizo, and Spinach Chowder. It’s made with Wild Idea Buffalo Chorizo. You can purchase the Chorizo and find the recipe all on the Wild Idea Buffalo website. Enjoy and Eat Healthy! https://wildideabuffalo.com/
Potato, Chorizo, and Spinach Chowder
Wild Idea’s sausage are so flavorful they turn can turn and average recipe into an extraordinary recipe. Simple preparation and it’s packed with flavor! (Makes 6 servings)
1 – pound Wild Idea Buffalo Chorizo 1 – small onion, chopped 1 – pound potatoes, chopped 3 – cups buffalo or organic beef broth 1 – teaspoon each; salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning 1 – cup cream 5 – ounces baby spinach, chopped Grated Parmesan
1) In a stockpot over medium high heat, coarse crumble Chorizo sausage into heated pan. *The fat will release from the sausage shortly, so additional oil is not necessary.
2) Add onions and garlic. Stir in to incorporate and sauté until the meat is browned.
3) Add the chopped potatoes and stir to incorporate. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes. *This will help absorb some of the oils from the sausage.
4) Add the broth and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
5) Increase heat back to medium high and add the cream. Bring to full heat.
6) Add the spinach and stir to incorporate, cooking only about 2 minutes, then shut the heat off.
7) To serve, ladle desired portions into bowls and top with grated cheese. Super good!
Carmine Pariante considers the implications of a recent case-control study, which looks at the prevalence and clinical characteristics of serum neuronal cell surface antibodies in first-episode psychosis.
The post Autoantibody in schizophrenia? Elementary, my dear Lennox appeared first on National Elf Service.
The Canadian food industry has a huge impact on what consumers eat, but with the cards in their hands, are they helping to reduce sodium? The answer is not enough. Restaurants Canada says that sodium levels in the… Read More
Canadian foods saltier than U.S. equivalents
US Restaurant Diners Give Low Sodium Meals Higher Flavor…
Canadian pizza restaurants deliver less sodium
Opinion: Menu Labelling
Summary of the “Symposium on Sodium Reduction in Foods…
The post What the Canadian food industry is doing about sodium levels appeared first on Hypertension Talk.