- 1 ½ cups seedless red grapes chopped
- 1 avocado peeled, piited, and diced
- ¼ cup red bell pepper chopped
- 2 tablespoons yellow bell pepper chopped
- 2 tablespoons sweet onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juce
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
Place the grapes, avocado, red pepper, yellow pepper, onion, and cilantro in a mixing bowl. Season with lime juice, garlic salt, and black pepper. Gently fold the ingredients together until well mixed. Refrigerate 30 minutes before serving.
- 8 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/3 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 8 cups ounces red-leaf lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- In a medium skillet, cook bacon over medium, stirring occasionally, until fat is rendered and bacon is crisp, about 9 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towels to drain.
- Meanwhile, shred half the chicken, discarding skin and bones. You should have about 2 cups meat. (Refrigerate remaining chicken, covered, up to 3 days.)
- In a medium bowl, mash together yogurt and cheese with a fork. Stir in chives and garlic and season with salt and pepper. In a large bowl, toss together chicken, bacon, lettuce, and grapes. Divide among four plates and serve with yogurt dressing.
These two dishes will be a hit at your next gathering and you can tell everyone how grapes not only taste good, but they help keep their eyes healthy too.
This post is by VSP employee, Jessica C.
Sigmaceutical is passionate about spreading health and strongly advocates the idea of strengthening the body’s defenses against sickness and disease through world class nutritional supplement formulations.
Try Sigmaceutical Lutein Vision Support today!